As the days get colder and we approach the winter months, the season isn’t the only thing that changes. Our skin, lips, hair etc. start to dry out. Dry skin = patchy tan and you don’t want that! Luckily, we’ve got your back! By following these few tips, you can keep your skin hydrated, tanned and glowing all year round!
Our key tips to maintain your tan throughout winter are:
- Drink plenty of water. It all starts within your body. Keep yourself hydrated so your skin maintains elasticity. Aim for a minimum of 2L a day.
- Use a humidifier in dry environments especially heated office areas! Although heaters are great, they dry us out from eyes to skin to even your insides!
- Choose a hydrating tan. Our Naked Tan Tanning Mousse’s and JKF x Naked Tan Mousse are the most hydrating tans on the market! Infused with aloe vera and vitamin E, you can guarantee our products tan will keep your skin hydrated. For eczema suffers this one’s for you, it contains no harsh chemicals and all natural ingredients to ensure your sensitive skin doesn’t flare up.
- Exfoliate your skin before you apply your tan! By removing any dead or dry skin your tan is going to last longer and apply flawlessly. We recommend using our Body Exfoliator to prepare your skin for a tan. Moisture rich coconut oil combined with smooth pumice grains and bamboo gently exfoliates, leaving your skin soft, polished and ready for a fresh new tan.
- Moisturise dry areas before applying your tan. These include hands, elbows, knees, and feet. Fake tan generally tends to stick to dry patches so ensure you have these areas covered before you apply the tan to ensure a flawless finish!
- Maintain your tan by using a gradual tanner or deeply hydrating moisturiser. We recommend our Naked Tan Gradual Tan or Crème de la Creme. Both products contain shea butter, cocoa butter and aloe vera to ensure you lock in that moisture and keep your skin hydrated! Ensure you are moisturising every day; this is one of the most important steps of maintain your tan – don’t get lazy!
- Last but not least your face. We understand that some of you have sensitive skin and can’t use tan in a bottle or spray form because it breaks you out – we get it! Not to worry because our Face Tan Mist is specifically formulated for sensitive and acne prone skin and it will keep you looking glowy and hydrated without any irritation! Infused with witch hazel, green tea, aloe vera and chamomile, this product is great for all skin types and the best way to maintain your tan on your face!
For the perfect tan Naked Tan has got you covered all year round! If you need any further help or tips send an email to email@example.com – we’re here to help!SEE MORE, LIKE THE ABOVE