As we all know, a flawless self tan can make us feel confident and radiant, without exposing our skin to harmful UV rays. However, achieving a perfect self tan can sometimes be a daunting task. With so many products and techniques available, it's easy to get overwhelmed. That's why we have compiled a list of the top ten tips to help you achieve a natural-looking self tan that will leave you feeling gorgeous and glowing. So, whether you're a self-tanning newbie or a seasoned pro, keep reading for our top 10 amazing tips that will have you looking like you just came back from a tropical vacation:
- Exfoliate: Before applying a self tan, make sure to exfoliate your skin to remove any dead skin cells to create a smooth, even surface using our Tan Remover Mitt and Body Exfoliator. Make sure you are completely dry before you start to apply your tan.
- Moisturise: Apply a light moisturizer such as our organic Crème de la Crème to dry areas like your knees, elbows & ankles. This will help to prevent the self tanner from clinging to these dry areas.
- Choose the right tanning product: Naked Tan has 3 available colours of self tanning mousse (Medium, Dark and Ultra Dark). It’s important to choose a colour that will compliment your skin tone and the occasion. For a more subtle looking glow you can also choose our buildable and hydrating Gradual tan.
- Use a tanning mitt: To ensure a smooth, streak-free application, use a Naked Tan Applicator Mitt to apply your self tan. This will help apply the product evenly and prevent any streaks. We recommend applying your tan in a nice cool room, with aircon or a fan, to stop from sweating as you apply the tan!
- Start with a light application: It's better to build up your tan gradually rather than applying too much self tan all at once. Start with a light application and add more as needed.
- Don't forget your face: Use a self tanner specifically designed for the face and neck. Our Face Tan Mist is perfect for sensitive skin types and can be used once a week or daily to build and maintain the colour on your face. Simply mist the face and go. Tones and bronzes your face.
- Allow time to dry: The best self tans take just 3mins drying time before you can get dressed or go to bed. Avoid getting your tan wet or getting sweaty during development time and leave the tan on your skin for at least 2 hours before rinsing it off.
- Wear loose fitting clothing: To ensure your tan develops perfectly it is best to wear loose fit clothing. Nothing tight around the arms or neck or thighs as it will leave streaks and marks as it develops.
- Moisturise regularly: To maintain your tan & keep your skin looking smooth and even, moisturise every day with our Crème de la Crème. Ensure you use a hydrating body wash such as our Body Cleanser. This will prolong your tan and prevent your skin from becoming dry and patchy.
- Be patient: It can take 4hrs & up to 24hrs from application for the colour to fully develop, pending on your natural melanin. Don't panic if you don't see immediate results. Be patient and wait for your bronzed tan results.
By following these 10 tips, you can achieve a flawless self-tan that will leave you looking and feeling your best. Happy tanning! For the perfect tan every time, Naked Tan has got you covered all year round! If you need any further help or tips send an email to email@example.com – we’re here to help!